Church Stretton itself offers a wealth of things to do:
- Eating out: a selection of restaurants, cafes and public houses.
- Shopping: a wide range of shops — antiques shops, home and kitchen ware, local produce including home-made pies, sausages etc.
- Walking: Shropshire Way close by, plus lots of woodland, valley and hill walking for all levels of walker on and around the Long Mynd.
- Cycling: A great area for mountain biking.
- Golf: Church Stretton Golf Club close by.
- Gliding: Long Mynd Gliding Club nearby.
the surrounding area
Within a few miles of Church Stretton, the local area offers a wealth of places to visit, including:
- Acton Scott Working Farm
- Attingham Park
- Ironbridge Gorge
- Much Wenlock
- Powis Castle
- Stokesay Castle
- Wenlock Edge